The legal system in the United States is complicated, and when you become involved in a criminal trial or civil ligation, you are likely to feel overwhelmed and fearful. In these cases, you need an experienced attorney on your side who can help you understand your rights, ensure that proper legal procedures are followed, protect you against illegally obtained evidence, and aggressively advocate for you throughout the legal process.
Attorney Stephen M. Komie has more than 40 years of experience successfully representing clients in criminal and civil trials at the state, federal, and international level, and he can provide you with the legal help you need to succeed, whether you are defending against criminal charges, resolving disputes during divorce, or seeking to recover damages in a civil lawsuit.
SKILLED REPRESENTATION IN A WIDE VARIETY OF LEGAL MATTERS
The knowledgeable attorneys of Komie and Associates can provide clients with the guidance and advocacy they need to succeed in criminal and civil cases. Our legal services include:
- Criminal Defense – We provide dedicated and robust defense strategies for clients who are facing criminal charges, including drug crimes, murder/manslaughter, sex crimes, corporate fraud, money laundering, and other serious crimes. We are passionate about protecting clients’ rights against illegal search and seizure, defending against asset forfeiture, and providing clients with guidance during governmental investigations and grand jury and extradition proceedings.
- DUI – We help clients defend against charges of drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs, or reckless homicide, working to help them get back on the road with minimal disruption to their lives.
- Civil Litigation – We represent clients who are seeking to recover damages or defending against civil lawsuits, including estate litigation, probate matters, personal injury claims, intellectual property disputes, employment and labor disputes, and liquor licensing applications and renewal hearings. We also provide immigration services, including defense against deportation.
- Divorce and Family Law – We aggressively advocate for clients during divorce disputes, helping them settle matters of property division (including business valuation and other issues involved in high net worth divorce), allocation of parental responsibilities and parenting time, financial support for children and spouses, post-divorce judgment modification and enforcement, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. We work to protect parents’ rights and children’s best interests when allegations of child abuse are raised during custody disputes.
- Appeals – With Mr. Komie’s extensive experience appealing cases in state and federal appeals courts, including arguing five cases before the Illinois Supreme Court, he can ensure that clients will receive justice if any legal errors are committed during a criminal or civil trial.
A PASSIONATE, DEDICATED ATTORNEY ON YOUR SIDE
Whether you have been charged with a crime, are seeking civil damages, or need help resolving family law issues, Mr. Komie and the knowledgeable attorneys at Komie and Associates can protect your rights and advocate for you through every step of the legal process. We will thoroughly investigate your case, help you understand your legal options, and aggressively represent you in court.